Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Having Fun, As Always!



Time is sure flying by fast! I try to update more often but we are busy busy busy! Ben is doing really well. He hasn't even needed his protein shakes for about a week. He is eating well and seems to have plenty of energy. His balance is a little off but he doesn't seem to notice. He is using his right hand almost normally these days. And his hair is all grown in again.

We had a good week, we didn't have to go to clinic Yeah! We went to Disney on Ice of Friday with Ben's Class field trip. It was a lot of fun. T-ball practice was fun (as always). We have practice again tonight and eventually the league may give us a game schedule! But we have fun just going to practice!

Sunday was Ethan's Birthday party. So Ben and his buddies had a great time on the giant blow up slip and slide. They are a crazy bunch of kids, but they come by it honestly they have a crazy bunch of parents :)

Lil' Ben and mom had the stomach flu or food poisoning Sunday night and Monday -YUK! Even little illnesses are such a big deal these days, with Ben's compromised immune system due to the chemo we are always worried. But he did great - mom on the other hand is still recovering!

We have clinic tomorrow, hopefully it will be a short one. Please pray for our little buddy Kale, he is back in the hospital. He has been there for almost a week and is looking at 9 more days minimum. Shaun and Kale are only six days apart in age. Everyone try and imaging having Shaun locked in a tinny little room for two weeks getting poked and feeling yukky - yeah not a pretty picture. Kale is in isolation right now because his counts are so low, pray for his counts to rebound quickly and for his parents!

One more thing.....

HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben and Shaun want to say THANK YOU to all the FABULOUS teachers at Brighter Horizons. I know you've heard it all before but I can never say enough how amazing, wonderful, fabulous, stupendous, awesome (okay I'm out of adjectives) the teachers at Brighter Horizons are. These ladies truly love our children as much as we do! On our field trip the other day I saw a teacher from another school actually yelling at the kid because he was crying because he was scared at the show. I thought never in a million years would that happen at BH. That kid would be in someones lap before the second or third tear fell.

We love all the teachers at Brighter Horizons, more than they will ever know!

Much Love, I'll try and post again soon. Next MRI date is May 13, 2009 - Think Shrink!

Erin

11 comments:

the other Ms. Jessica said...

Hey Ben,

I'm so glad that you had fun this week. The field trip sounded like fun. I think Brighter Horizons bought enough Flounder hats to keep them in business for a year! I can't wait for our first T-ball game! It's going to be so much fun. It looks like you had fun at Ethan's birthday party, too. I'm glad that you are feeling better little man. See you at school tomorrow. Love YOU!!!

Erin,

God bless Kale's parents, because I could not imagine trying to keep Shaunie in a hospital room for more than a few hours. I think he would tear through the walls! I'll be praying that Kale feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Erin, I absolutely agree with you. I think Melanie and her team at BH are the best. Emma has been there since Aug'06 & now Noah is there too. There is always a waiting list to enter the school...we told Melanie I was pregnant for Noah before we told our parents just to make sure our baby would have a spot. We very much appreciate Melanie, Ms. Michelle, Ms. Rainey and all the wonderful teachers and staff at BH.

We are looking forward to catching a t-ball game sometime soon.

Our love & prayers: Margaret, Robert, Emma & Noah Jaques

Anonymous said...

Sounds like baseball is blooming and Disney on Ice is continuing the fun in a great way. Wonderful that Ben's off the protein shakes. Too bad about Erin and Little Ben's flu, but good it wasn't Swine Flu and that Ben bounced back fast. BOUNCE, Erin, at your age isn't always possible, not with everything else on top of AGING.

Hi, to those great teachers at Brighter Horizons. After all the bad day care tales we've hear over the years, it's wonderful to have such dedicated, loving, patient, intelligent teachers all in one place. God bless each one of you for all the emotional energy you put into each child. (It's got to be exhausting.) I admire you all greatly.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

I always love reading your updates, and hearing about all the fun things you all have been doing.I hope mom is feeling better, and I hope you have a fast day at clinic today. Tell them you have more important fun things to do than stay in clinic!
We are praying and thinking good thoughts for MRI next week. We will also be in clinic, so hopefully we will get to see you.
Take care and Go Pirates!
LOve and Prayers
Cindy and Anna

www.caringbridge.org/visit/annakitchen

Uncle Peter and Aunt Robyn said...

Cool sunglasses Ben!! And that slide behind you in the picture looks awesome! I'm glad Ethan's party was fun and you've had a good week going to Disney on ice and t-ball! bummer to hear about your stomach bug ...ugh.... those are never fun!! Sounds like you're over it now, so Hooray ...you can be off having more fun. We're always thinking of you! Love, Aunt Robyn

Anonymous said...

Aren't you all just too cool with those crazy sunglasses!! I just love them!!
Glad your stomach is feeling better. Hopefully, mom will feel perky real soon!! It always takes moms longer to get well!!
Everyone tells me how great the practices have been. I'll be there Sat. to watch the "Pirates" take the field!! Gooooooooooo team go!!

Thinking about and praying for Kale and his family!!

Much love and many prayers,
Mrs. Rita

The Barons said...

Ahoy Ben,

Love those glasses! Looks and sounds like you've been having a great time these days!

Is this Saturday your first game? Hope you have lots of fun. We think we remember when your mom first played t-ball but it might have been your Aunt Mego.

Have you been especially nice to your teachers since its teacher appreciation week? Here are some jokes you can tell her, OK?

Mother: How do you like your new teacher?
Son: I don't. She told me to sit up the front for the present and then she didn't give me one! (Have you ever heard of Ramona the Pest?)

Student (on phone): My son has a bad cold and won't be able to come to school today.
School Secretary: Who is this?
Student: This is my father speaking!

Mother: How was your first day at school?
Son: It was all right except for some woman called "Teacher" who kept spoiling all our fun!

When is National Student Day???
That isn't a joke, just a question that popped up in our minds.

Adios amigos!
Love,
Dave and Ginger

Anonymous said...

Erin, Hey I am so glad to see that things are going ok. I still have to get some pictures off of my camera of Ben from last Friday at BH to send to you. I would love to take the boys to see the kids play ball, but between everyday life and Andrew playing baseball himself since we live all the way in Marrero it would be hard to do often. However, I would love to come out when you guys play against the other BH team. I think that would be fun and the boys could pull for all of their friends on both team. If you could post that date when you get it or just let me know through facebook, I would appreciate it. My prayers are still with Ben and you guys everyday.

Dawn

COACH JESSICA said...

THE DUAL BETWEEN THE BRIGHTER HORIZONS PIRATES AND THE BRIGHTER HORIZONS GRAY SOX IS THURSDAY, MAY 21ST AT 6 P.M. ON FIELD 3!!

your favorite teacher at Brighter Horizons said...

oh and Erin your definitly not a Belle Chasseian (I don't think I spelled that right lol) when you don't even know how to spell BELLE CHASSE!!!

the Sarrat Family/ Aunt Mego said...

DEAR FAVORITE TEACHER AT BH -

That was a test to see if you were worthy of teaching my very intelligent sons! I guess you pass.

Love
Your favorite parent at BH (HaHa!)