Monday, March 22, 2010

Angel Jacob

Well its been 3 weeks since Ben's funeral. I keep meaning to post it just never happens. Its been a busy 3 weeks..

Ben and I went back to work full time on the 7th, nice to be busy but that 5:45 alarm clock is tough to get used to again!

Hogs for the Cause was a HUGE success far exceeding the $20,000.00 goal! We are so excited for them, they really pulled off a great fundraiser for DIPG. And next year is already shaping up to be bigger and better. Lots more teams interested. I plan on helping them out more next year and hopefully get the message of Childhood Cancer and DIPG more of a focus - we've got the people coming now we need to educate them.

We went to Michael Reason's Golf Tournament Fund Raiser. We got to spend a lot of time with Michael and his family. And the next day we all rode together with Chris Roberts in the Irish/Italian parade in Metairie! It was a lot of fun.

Tomorrow I will be flying up to Cincinnati, OH for Jacob's Celebration of Life Ceremony. 21 days ago Jacob was here, he spoke at Ben's service, and made sure not one person made it out of that church without having a good cry! He was such a special guy. I was so upset to hear he had passed Sunday morning. But I know Ben was definitely with him. Now the mischief those two get into may get them booted out of heaven!

Another local girl Arianna lost her battle last night as well. And Friday another little 6 year old girl was diagnosed at Children's hospital.

I will try and post a few pics from Hogs for the Cause. For those of you who don't know yet Ben has a team walking in the May 1st CureSearch walk here in New Orleans. If you would like to join his team and walk or just make a donation go to www.curesearch.org click on the New Orleans walk and chose Pirate Ben Sarrat Jr's Team! We (Ben Sr , Shaun and I ) wont be walking this year, we will be at a DIPG walk in Nashville, TN with our DIPG family. But I am helping with the committee planning the walk and I am hopeful we will change the date for next year so we can participate.

Well I'm off to bed...early flight tomorrow. Much love to all.

Erin

7 comments:

Ms. Mel said...

While my heart aches for Jacob's family I am thankful that he and Lil Ben are surely together now and that heaven is a happier place because of them! Those two will certainly shake things up a bit up there! LOL
Thank you for sharing Jacob with us at Ben's service. I feel so blessed to have heard his touching and funny words about his buddy Ben and will always remember him as a very special boy indeed.
I am glad that you will be there for his mother tomorrow. If anyone will know how to comfort her it would be you. Be strong and take care on your trip.
Love, Ms. Mel

Unknown said...

It had been a while since I had checked in on little Ben. Today I learned that he had found his cure in heaven.

Grief has no timeline....

Prayers and love to your family,
The Franks

Unknown said...

Continuing to keep your family in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and know that you are not alone in this journey without such a beautiful, brave young man.

Love,

Sharon Williams

Kim Vaughn said...

I am continuing to pray for your family....have a safe trip. I know Tiffany will appreciate you being there, and I know this will be very emotional for all of you. Ben & Jacob are both remembered with much love.

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Thinking and praying for you all...

Have a safe trip.

Cindy and Anna

Julia said...

I am a 6th grader at Ben's school and I went to the funeral and when Jacob spoke he DID NOT let anyone leave without a tear. At this time Ben and Jacob are probably playing with all of the other angels while singing jesus loves me with his sweet little voice!
Together,
Julia

Kathy said...

Thank you so much for coming to Jacob's service. Ben and Jacob brought such joy to life. They never felt sorry for themselves, or were bitter. They just loved each and every minute of life. You guys will always be in my prayers.
Kathy (jacob's grandmother)