Thursday, April 15, 2010

CureSearch Walk

Hey Everyone

May1st will be the first ever New Orleans CureSearch walk at Audubon Park! It will be great fun and its a great cause. Ben will have a team walking...Pirate Ben Sarrat Jr Team! If you would like to walk please register on line and come on out May 1st!!! If you aren't local you can sponsor Ben's team or you can be a virtual walker! Here is the link for the walk


Click on the walks section, select the New Orleans walk, and then choose Team Pirate Ben Sarrat Jr!!

We are doing well, well as well as can be expected. We have good days and bad days but mostly good. Shaun had a rough day the other day he was very angry with me for not going to bring Ben home. We talked for about an hour and then he said "Mom I'm not listening to you anymore I will just get Superman to bring Ben back" and that was the end of that!

Shaun is doing great at T-ball ( he's on the team Ben would have been on) he's a little young for the team, but he is doing great.

Hope everyone is enjoying all the nice weather!

Love to all
Erin

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear everyone is trying to get over the rough patches. I am glad to see that Shaun is able to express how he feels and is enjoying t-ball!!!! Lil, Ben will never be forgotten!!!! he was an inspiration to us all. Wishing you all well and praying for you daily!!!!

Sharon Williams

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Thinking and praying for all of you. Anytime we see something with a pirate Anna mentions Ben.

Enjoy the t-ball with Shaune. That must be lots of fun to watch.

Take care. Just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you all...

Cindy and Anna

kayla galle said...

Heyy guys!
I will be out of town the weekend of the walk....but I will definitly look into sponsoring the team! My mom and dad said they say you guys at Zydecos on Sunday! They didnt think youd recognize them but they remember Shaun from when I babysat! Hope you all are doing well!! Love and miss yall!

Cindy Richoux said...

Erin,

God Bless you and your family each and every day! I pray your healing will get you all through the tough times as they come and go. My son Ethan always points to Ben's ship in the morning at Brighter Horizons and says "Boat, Pirate!" Although he's too young to know about Lil Ben's journey, he's always intrigued with boats and pirates. Ben will always be in everyone's hearts.

Cindy Richoux

Dianna in Gonzales said...

Though I have never met you or your family, I think of Pirate Ben often and pray for each of you. Childhood cancer is so cruel, and my heart breaks for what you must endure in having lost your precious son. It's just not fair, just so not fair.

May the Lord encourage you with sweet memories of your boy and give you a peace beyond understanding in knowing that you will again come together in heaven. One thing is for sure, for as long as I live, I will remember your Ben.