Saturday, July 3, 2010

Still Here

We are still here for everyone wondering. We have been trying to find our new life now without Ben. Shaun is doing well, and Erin and I are both back hard at work all of the time. Going through what we went through puts a new prospective on our lives now, so things are some what different. Erin has been very active through different Internet groups for DIPG families. I prefer to stay in the background most of the time.

Erin has accepted a new job. She will be teaching math and science to 6th grade students at St. Andrew the Apostle School near our house. Ben went to St. Andrew's as much as he could for kindergarten. I know it was difficult for the other kids and parents when they learned about Ben's condition, but they were a wonderful community to join. Mrs. Williams will always hold a special place in our hearts for the warmth she showed, us knowing she was welcoming a dieing child and his family.

Erin's dad had Aortic Valve replacement surgery the other day and is doing very well, so we are grateful for that.

Thanks for checking on us.

Much love
The Sarrat Family

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

Just checked your blog and was happy to see an update, and yes we were wondering...We think of you all often and pray for all of you.
Best of luck to Erin with her new job. You will be a great teacher and I know the kids will love her.
Take care and tell Shaune that we will be putting a little birthday surprise in the mail soon for him.

Love and Prayers

Cindy and Anna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. I do check every now and then to see how you all are doing. I think of Ben and you guys often. Take care.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I have Lil Ben's pictures on my fridge, so I think of you and your family everyday. Ben was certainly an entertaining little fellow, with his corney jokes and beautiful smile. I enjoyed working with him so very much, he taught me a lot about life and to have fun no matter what. I'm looking forward to having Saun in a few weeks. I'm sure he'll be as funny as Ben was and will keep me on my toes. I'm thinking trying to trick him will be quite a challenge. Love your wonderful family and many prayers go up for all of you!! Take care and keep in touch!!
Much love and many prayers,
Mrs. Rita

Anonymous said...

Just checked your blog on a whim, and glad to see you have posted. The St. Andrew's community will be lucky to have Erin on staff. I look forward to seeing your family in the coming years.
Elise Occhipinti

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dianna in Gonzales said...

I just wanted you guys to know that I am thinking of and praying for you today.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you guys. I had heard that Erin left the zoo. I am so happy she is at St Andrew's. It does sound like the most amazing school. I know that this first holiday season without Ben will be a tough one. You will be in our prayers.

Beth Nazar