Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Busy having Summer FUN!!!

Hello All

Sorry I just realised its been two weeks since I have posted! The days are flying by! Ben is having a great summer. He loves camp and T-ball. We have been having fun play dates with friends on the weekends. The boys and I are heading to Colorado to visit Aunt Mego and Uncle Mikey - and play a BIG game of connect four!

Work for Ben and I is busy as always. For those of you who haven't heard a dear friend of ours and local New Orleans Chef, Mat Murphy, Executive Chef at the Ritz Carlton is recovery for a significant illness. It came on quickly and it is truly a miracle Mat is doing as well as he is. I know I won't get all the info right so I will send you to his family's website to find out accurate information on his condition. The reason I mention him aside for a plea for prayers for his continued improvement is to tell you all about a fundraiser for him and his family. Mat is the proud father of Quadruplet girls (18 months old) - yes you read that right quads (thats 4!) and his wife is expecting #5!! Mat has been incredibly supportive of Lil'Ben and our family, he participated in the wine dinner held for Lil'Ben and he made and delivered 200 delicious cupcakes to Ben's fabulous 5th birthday party - yes the Executive Chef of the New Orleans Ritz Carlton delivered cupcakes! This is going to be a great event, Ben and his restaurant will be participating (of course) and I know the food will be fabulous. Info for the fundraiser is available on Mat's website as well! Mat Murphy's web site http://www.murphyquads.com

Ben has clinic tomorrow morning and then will be heading to camp to meet up with his friends. And guess what Shaun is almost potty trained! Yeah Shaun!!! Yeah Ms Melanie!! I'll go now the boys are swimming in the pool and I'm missing all the fun, and we can't have that!

Love ya
Erin

Message from Lil'Ben:

Mr Art I love you and I hope you are feeling better tomorrow!!

Love Lil'Ben

Mom's note - Mr Art is the Brighter Horizon's bus driver and he was sick today, I think he is just a little under the weather - but Ben misses him very much and wanted to leave him a special message today!

7 comments:

Erin Sarrat said...

Okay I forgot to mention - the postcards are great!! I'm still getting them all put up, as soon as I get caught up I'll post a picture and the stats but I believe currently NEBRASKA is winning the most postcard state title, Mrs. Grutsch's 1st grade class (Columbus Ne) wins the award for BIGGEST postcard, our winner for furthest postcard is either the Netherlands or Spain (I need to check google earth) geography is not really my thing!

Love ya All- Erin

Anonymous said...

WOW! Ben, you really do have people from all over the world praying for you and thinking about you. Off on another adventure to Colorado. I know your aunt is practising connect four, so be ready!! Have fun, but don't stay too long!! lol

Erin, I'm so sorry to hear about Mat. I did look up his web site and I'm certainly praying for him and his family. Take care, and have a fun trip!!
Much love and many prayers
Mrs. Rita

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

We missed you all in clinc today. I hope you all got out quicker than us. It was crowded and crazy as ever.
I hope the boys are having lots of fun at camp. Summer always goes by too fast. Have a great trip.
Maybe we will see you next time in clinic.
Love and Prayers,
Cindy and Anna

The Barons said...

Ahoy Ben,

Schools out for summer...glad to hear you're keeping yourself busy and enjoying yourself too. Hope you have a great time in Colorado visiting your very special aunt and uncle. Who should we put the money on in connect four?

Even though school is out for the summer, how about some school jokes to keep you chuckling?

Why did the teacher wear sunglasses to school?
She had bright students!

Why was the teacher annoyed with the duck?
Because he wouldn't quit quackin' jokes!

What do you call a teacher who doesn't fart in public?
A private tooter!

Love you!
Adios amigos!
Dave and Ginger

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear y'all are having such an amazing summer.
That Ms. Melanie is a fantastic potty-trainer person. I could not have done it without her! I'll have to share a funny story with you about potty training at BH next time we see each other. Lets just say...that's when Emma learned that boys and girls had different anatomy. It was FUNNY!
Our prayers continue to be with all of you and now with Mat and his family as well.

Our love and prayers,
Margaret, Rob, Emma and Noah Jaques

aunt mego said...

just a few more hours until i get to see you guys, i can't wait. lots of folks here in fort collins are excited to meet you, and as for connect four, lets just say its going to be BIG fun!
love mego

Kaylee Johnson said...

Hello! Ben, I met you on the beach last night in Panama City... I was admiring your sand castle. I hope you didn't bury everyone too much! I hope you have a safe trip back today. It was such a pleasure meeting you! Thank you for my bracelet! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Kaylee Iohnson