Monday, February 9, 2009

DISNEY WORLD

Hi everyone---
Aunt Mego here. Ok, is everyone as bummed as I am that we all didn't get to go on the big trip? Rest assured we can all be happy that Ben is having an absolute fabulous time, and I hear he and Shaun are running mom, dad, grandma, grandpa and Miss Jessica ragged trying to fit everything in. Since we all couldn't be there to see the huge smile on Ben's face as he takes Disney World by storm Erin wanted to make sure we all experienced some of his favorite things about Disney (so far). So here are a few highlights:
-The limousine rides to and from the airports (Ben called to tell me about it at 5am, I have a great message on my phone cuz Aunt Mego was sleeping)
-Ben's favorite ride is Peter Pan but Splash Mountain & Thunder Mountain are among the top ten (I guess he grew enough last month to go on some of the big rides- yeah!)
-Nemo Show is awesome
-Animal Kingdom was lots of fun yesterday and Shaun reports that the ELEPHANTS were the best animals there
-Both Ben and Shaun think its pretty cool that they get to take a boat to the Magic Kingdom everyday
-Grandma and grandpa tell me they get to watch the fireworks everynight from their hotel room
It sounds like everyone is having a blast, and Ben and Shaun can't wait for everyone else (grandma and grandpa Sarrat, Aunt Steph and cousins) to get there in a few days.
Most of all Ben wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this happen. You truely made a little boys dream come true and he is having the vacation of a lifetime.
Erin promises pictures and more stories when she can get her hands on a computer.
That's all for now- I hope you're all thinking back to a good memory of your first trip to Disney World or Disney Land- it can be magical!
Love you all,
Aunt Mego

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update, Aunt Mego. Sounds like everyone is having such a GREAT time!! The adults will need a few days rest when they get home! ha ha

Hey Ben and Shaun, keep everyone hopping! The Peter Pan ride is one of my favorites too! WoW! How cool is that, to be able to ride a boat to Magic Kingdom every day!
We sure miss you and can hardly wait to see pictures! Have a TERRIFIC day again today!!
Love you bunches, and bunches!!
Mrs. Rita

Rich said...

Ben, I am glad to hear that you are having such a great time. Is Ben staying at Give Kids The World village? if he is, could you please ask him to stop by Matthew's Boundless Playground and get a picture taken. It is based on the game Candyland and is named in memory of my son Matthew.

I can't wait to see pictures of your trip.

God Bless.

Rich ~Angel Matthew's Dad~
DIPG Parent
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/matthewmcgowan

Anonymous said...

Thanks Aunt Mego for the update! Love you!
Dave and Ginger

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!!!
I was thrilled to hear that you guys are having a great time! Jessica has loved being with you guys. She said the weather has been beautiful. I am sure everyone is worn out from keeping up with Shaun. He must be like a kid in a candy store.
You guys get to ride a boat EVERYDAY? Too fun! Ben - have you seen Beauty or the Beast yet? Did you tell them I said HI?
Have ya'll eaten turkey legs yet?
Do you know that they really aren't TURKEY legs? Have you ever seen an EMU? Too yucky for words. But I do remember them tasting real good. I just didn't like hearing years later what I had really eaten.
Ya'll still have four fabulous days left. Have a blast!
Love and miss ya'll...
Ms. Mel

Anonymous said...

Great report! Glad everyone's having fun. I bet the older folks' are having a little trouble keeping up! For goodness sake don't tell Megan in N.O. about the emus!!!! Keep having fun. Glad to hear about the other grandparents and Steph and cousins joining you all. Get good pictures. We're waiting impatiently to see them. You'll all have to take a vacation to recover when you get back.

How are the pirates there, Ben? Do they have real swords like yours?

Love, M's Mom xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarrat Family,

Glad to hear you all are having a great time. I bet Ben is going to have all kind of stories to tell when he gets back. I hope you all got lots of pictures.
We love thunder mt too, except the last time I did it, I got so wet I said I will not do it again. It was the first ride we did that day, and I was miserable. The rest of the family thought it was very funny!
Enjoy Enjoy
Love and Prayers
Cindy and Anna

Anonymous said...

hey Ben,
i am sooo glad that yall are having lots off funn. Enjoy every minute of it...thats so great the you get to ride on a boat everyday..live it up while you are there.. love yall