Friday, January 1, 2010

Our little Germ Factory!

Well as it turns out Ben does have a respiratory component to his breathing problems. Ben has RSV!! So we had to move off 4West, the Oncology floor. Its not safe for him to stay on that unit with all the imunocomprimised kids and especially the bone marrow transplant kids. We will miss all our buddies up there but we would never want to do anything to make any of them sick so we got transfered.

The nurses thought it would be funny to play musical rooms with us. They sent us to the third floor and after about 45 minutes they came back and told us we were moving to 4 center. Thats the neurology floor, where he would need to go after surgery anyway so I'm glad we wont have to move again.

We had to cut back on our visitor plan because of his RSV so he is a little sad. He was thrilled his buddy Jackson and his brother came up, they were such great sports because they had to wear a mask in the room. Ben has been sleeping off and on watching football all day.

It looks like the Monday procedure may have to be postponed a few days because of the RSV. We are waiting on anesthesia to make that call, but they aren't really around right now because of the holiday, so we have to wait and see.

Erin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brave Pirate Ben and your crew,

We are praying for you and your family every day. I hope the hospital crew finds some fun for you.

Mark and Doris Gage

Miss Janel said...

Dear Ben,

Sorry you had to leave your friends at 4W but glad that Sean and Jackson got to visit.

Well, if it's football that you want to watch, this is the weekend for it. The AFC playoff spots are still up for grabs.

So glad the Saints have home field wrapped up. I gave Liam my ticket for Tampa Bay to go with his dad b/c it was on his birthday, but he'll have to watch the playoffs from home with his Grandmother b/c I want to be in the dome.

When I was your age, I lived in Minnesota, so I was a BIG Vickings fan...Fran Tarkenten was "the man" back then. My dad used to bring me to Vickings games outside in the snow!! If the Saints end up playing against the Vickings, and I will be cheering for our Saints!! I know you'll be cheering along with me.

We do have a card for you with some photos I took at your fun 6th birthday party. I will leave it by your house and maybe your dad can bring it to you.

Enjoy the last week of regular season games...we'll be thinking of you...Geaux Saints!!

Love, Miss Janel, Liam, Julia Grace, Chloe' and Mr. Jay

Anonymous said...

My granddaughter told me this joke:

Why was 6 afraid of 7?

Because he heard that 7, 8, 9!

Doris Gage