Monday, February 22, 2010

Long Evening

Ben is now resting as comfortably as he can. His blood work came back not too good from the lab so the on call oncologist wanted us to bring him in to Children's this evening to give him a transfusion. That would be a difficult process because he would have to be admitted through the ER. Ben's doctor found out the exact numbers on the labs and thinks it will be better if we try to bring him to the oncology clinic tomorrow where they have there own infusion room and they can set it up for us ahead of time and get in and out as quickly as possible (8 hours). Erin and I have not decided if we even want to try and do that. Just moving him around in the bed gets his heart rate racing and makes him short of breath even on the oxygen

We are hoping for a quiet uneventful night tonight and maybe he will rebound some in the morning once he is done with this IV fluid infusion. Dr. Velez says she is going to make a house call and come see him sometime tomorrow.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for an uneventful evening that will give him some new found strength for the morning. Lil Ben- you are amazing!!! Hang in there little guy- we are not ready to let you go. Lots and love from us. Erin- let me know if you guys need anything...wish I was there to help with stuff. Miss and love you tons! Love, Kelli, Mike, Madi and Mikie

Anonymous said...

I am praying that peace be with you all.

Anonymous said...

Love you guys!!! Praying for you!!
XXXOOO
Ms. Rita

Anonymous said...

Dearest Erin and Ben and loving family and friends,

Please know your Phoenix supporters are saying a community rosary tonight. You are all in our prayers.

Much love to all of you!
Ginger

Anonymous said...

Dear Brave Pirate, Pilot, Football Coach Ben and his brave first mate, Shaun, and his brave crew,

I pray for you frequently during the day. You are on my mind when I wake in the morning. You are an amazing family.

Doris Gage, Virginia

Anonymous said...

Dear Ben,
I hate that you are feeling so bad and weak. You are such a brave little boy with so much heart and spunk. Your courage and strength is admired by the entire SAS community. We are praying for you and your family.

Liz Zervigon

Unknown said...

Sarrat Family,

My continued prayers are for peace, comfort and strength in this difficult time for you. I know Ben will have had a good night and after Dr. Velez sees him maybe the decision to move him will not be necessary. Stay strong and know that we all love you and are praying for you. May God Bless you all.

Sharon Williams

Dianna in Gonzales said...

Beautiful Ben, Boy of Jokes, who has brought so much joy to so many...... I am thinking about the awesomeness that is you. I am thanking the Lord that even though from afar, I have "known" such a magnificent person. I love you Pirate Ben.

Lacey said...

Sarrat Family,

I hope you all had an uneventful evening and Pirate Ben is feeling well rested today. Erin-You and big Ben are some of the most amazing and strongest parents I have ever met. I'm glad to have met little Ben...he is a strong little boy. May god bless your wonderful family. My thoughts and prayers are will you all.

Lacey Arb
(Juliana's mom)

Anonymous said...

the Sarrat family,
My name is Rhonda and I am Amanda Stinnett's mom from the daycare. We are praying for you Ben and your family here in Texas. Amanda has kept me posted plus I look at your blog. You are an amazing little boy. I pray for your strength and comfort.
Love & prayers to all of you
Rhonda Stinnett