Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 Begins



Friday night we went to the Sugar Bowl!! My teacher Ms Jessica took me, my mom and dad, and two of my buddies from school Patrick & Ethan. Even though Alabama lost (badly) I had an awesome time! We had great seats, we were like 11 rows from the field! I ate so much junk food at the game I actually threw up -way gross but that didn't stop me from cheering my little heart out. Mom cleaned me up and bought me a new shirt and I was ready for the second half!!

Today we spent a lazy day at home. Mom stripped the wall paper boarder off in Shaun and my room and found a really cool dinosaur boarder. So tomorrow we are going shopping for new bedding and dads going to hang a bunch of pictures we got framed and then next weekend we will give my room a coat of fresh paint and it will be all ready. I'll post a picture when its done.

Monday, I go back to school full time and mom goes back to work. I'm so excited! Mom and Dad say I still have to go to clinic every Wednesday and I'll do chemo again in a few weeks, but for now I plan on getting back to school and making sure Ms Jessica gets me ready for Kindergarden next year.

Love ya

Lil'Ben

A Note from Erin:

Please keep our good friends the Barre Family in your prayers. On 12/30/08 heaven got its newest angel ^Carl^. ^Carl Barre^ was 14 and had been battling cancer for 20 months. Though we only knew ^Carl^ for a short time, he and his family have had a profound effect on our lives. ^Carl^ was our neighbor while we were on 4 west at Childrens Hospital. His mother prepared me well for clinic, dealing with doctors, and how to take it one day at a time and make the most out of each day!

We love you ^Carl^ !

Erin

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Sarrat family is starting off 2009 with a bang. Keep it up.

Erin, I know they are missing you at Audubon. I hope you enjoy going back...

We think of y'all all the time and thank you so much for sharing with all of us. There are sooooo many people out there rooting for you all.

Love,

Beth Nazar

Anonymous said...

Erin,

I think you could of left the "badly" comment out of the blog. haha. Even though we did get beat VERY badly. I'm glad ya'll had a good time. I can't wait to have my man back on Monday. See ya'll soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben,

I'm finally back home. I missed you so much while I was gone. I can't wait to see you on Monday. Guess what? LSU won their game! HaHa...Geaux Tigers! It looks like you had so much fun at the game with Patrick and Ethan, even if you did throw up! Did Ms. Jessica behave herself? I see that she is smiling in the picture so that must have been before the game started. It was so cool that you got to go zip-lining. I've always wanted to do that. Meeting all those cheerleaders must have been cool, too. I'm so glad that you had fun this week. I love you, buddy. I'll see you on Monday!

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks like you had an awesome time at the game. we watched at home and we cheered but to no avail. I think everytime time you go to a game Brandi Swears she sees you on tv. She has eyes for you LOL. I am glad you are coming back to school, it is going to be alot crazier now. Well I'll see you on Monday.
Erin I did hear about Carl and I Keep his family in my prayers.
Love always The Brathbury Family

Anonymous said...

What great pictures. You all look so good in red. And that's a great tatoo on your face, Ben. Glad to hear you're going back to school tomorrow and your mom to work. I've missed seeing her when I go out to volunteer. All the animals, birds, and other people will be glad too!!!

Erin, we'll keep the Barre's in our prayers.

Here's a another bird joke (we've had many parakeets): When is the best time to buy parakeets?
When they're going cheap (cheep). Ha, ha.

Love, Megan's mom, Peg

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of you'all at the game!! I wish they would have won too, but, hey, you were right there and could see everything. What a wonderful thing!!!I'm looking forward to seeing you at school tomorrow! Sounds like your new room is coming along GREAT! Looking forward to seeing a picture of it.

Why is Alabama the smartest state?
Because it has 4 A's and one B

Love you bunches and bunches
Mrs. Rita

Erin, I'm so sorry to hear about Carl. His family and friends are in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Ben. Emma's baby brother (Noah) starts school tomorrow in Ms. Rainey's class. You won't have a hard time knowing who he is...he'll be in the LSU outfit. Emma will be checking in on him on her way to see Ms. Cora for lunch. Be sure to stop in and check on him too.

I know your mom must be sad about going back to work tomorrow. My first day back after having baby Noah is tomorrow and I'm sad. At least we know that our blessings from God (that would be you, Shaun, Emma and Noah) are in fantastic hands with Ms. Melanie and her crew.

Well, time to go watch a new dancing reality show. ;-)

Our love and prayers,
The Jaques Family
(Emma, Noah, Margaret & Rob)

Anonymous said...

Ahoy Ben,

If that read shirt was the one you got after you threw up, then we think it was worth it because it looked pretty darn cool on you!

Glad to hear you're getting to go to school full time today. We happen to love school in the Baron household because we're both teachers are our two children are teachers too. In fact at this time they are both dating teachers...hmmm.

Sounds like a prefect set up for school jokes...

What word is always spelled incorrectly?
Incorrectly!

What do elves learn in school?
The elf-abet!

Why is the math book so unhappy?
Because it's full of problems!

Glad to know you won't have problems at school!

Much love!
Adios amigos!
Dave and Ginger

Uncle Peter and Aunt Robyn said...

Hey Ben -

Glad to hear you're having so much fun already in 2009! I know your teachers and friends will be so happy to see you today at school! I can't wait to see the pictures of your room when it's done!! Love, Aunt Robyn

Anonymous said...

Hi ya, Ben,

Hope you had fun with all your friends at school today and Miss Jessica. Megan has a chick out at work who broke its leg and was operated on by Dr. M. Everyone hopes it will heal. So here's another bird joke:

What do you give a sick bird?

Tweet-ment.

Love, Megan's mom, Peg